Please Support the BTU School!
- Your gift will help ensure that we have the funds to:•Pay for the important school partnerships that engage and support our scholars like America SCORES, Apprentice Learning, and Boston Debate League.•Fund part of our school’s social worker position through The Home for Little Wanderers partnership to provide support and crisis intervention, as well as supporting school-wide culture and climate.•Cover the cost of classroom supplies and equipment that our teachers and scholars need to learn, as well as provide the tools needed by our newest school partner, the 826 Boston Writer’s Room Program.•Support our partnership with the nonprofit organization Playworks, which creates opportunities for students to learn to play fairly, settle differences peacefully, and build leadership and teamwork skills.•Fund field trips to enhance curriculum and offer exciting, hands-on learning experiences.Will you make a difference? Will you make a gift to support our scholars, faculty, staff, and important school partners? Your donation will support the people who support our scholars; the educators who teach, mentor, and inspire our scholars to be the best they can be. On behalf of the entire BTU School community, we thank you for your consideration, dedication, and commitment.
Boston Teachers Union K-8 Pilot SchoolOrganized by teachers, dedicated to academic excellence, and committed to developing the highest potential of our students, their families, and communities.
2017-2018 Family and Student Handbook
Dear BTU School Community,
In conjunction with Sanaa and Friends, P.O.W.E.R. (Poets Openly Writing and Expressing Reality) will hold a multi-cultural paint nite fundraiser here at the school on Friday, March 31st from 6:30-8:30 pm.
The funds raised will help to support the students as they prepare for this year’s Louder Than A Bomb Spoken Word Festival. This fundraiser is an ALCOHOL-FREE Event. If your interested in attending please :
- Click here or cut and paste www.sanaawithfriends.com in your browser.
- Scroll down to locate our event and click on the event to pay your admission fee of $35. The fee includes use of art materials, step-by-step directions from a trained artist, a smock, and light refreshments.
Please spread the word. Our goal is 25 participants. If you are unable attend, but would like to sponsor a student who would like to participate, please speak with Mrs. DePalm via email (email@example.com) so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Thank you for your supporting our young artists!
Hello BTU School Families and Friends,
Join the BTU School community for a night of trivia, laughs, and fun at our first ever Trivia Night! Bring your friends, team up with teachers and staff, and compete for prizes, all while supporting our school.
When: Friday, March 3, 2017, 6:00-10:00pm (Doors open at 6:00, trivia starts at 7:00)
Where: Doyle’s Cafe, 1384 Washington St., Jamaica Plain
What: Team trivia (teams of up to 6 people) hosted by comedian Robyn Perkins (http://www.robynperkins.com). You can form teams ahead of time or join with others when you get there. Prizes awarded to the top two teams.
Who: BTU School teachers, staff, parents, guardians, and friends. Adults only. Be sure to invite your trivia savvy friends!
Tickets: $10/person suggested donation. BTU School teachers and staff are free. Please get your tickets in advance so we know how many people to expect–Doyle’s needs an estimate by Tuesday 2/28. Get your tickets here: http://btuschooltriviani
Cash bar, appetizers, 50-50 raffle
All money raised will support the BTU School!
Thank you and we hope to see you there!
Today, February, 15 is the family council meeting. The family council will meet at 6pm in the art room and the agenda is listed below:
- Welcome and Introductions
- FY 18 Budget Presentations
- Family Engagement Projects
- 2017 Scheduling
As always the YMCA will provide on site childcare for scholars and dinner will be served. Thank you and we hope to see you there.
Please click on the link to view the flyer.
The BTU faculty wants to send a HUGE THANK YOU to our amazing family council for the delicious treats we found in the teachers room yesterday! THANK YOU!
Tuesday, January 17th
J-Mann Boys vs BTU Boys @ 3:00 @ Curtis Hall
Wednesday, January 18th
BTU Girls vs APR Girls @ 4pm @ Curtis Hall
Thursday, January 19th
Lyndon Boys vs BTU Boys @ 4pm @ Lyndon
Hello BTU school families,
This month’s spirit day is brought to you by the Student Council.
Our upper school scholars actively participated in monthly meetings and came up with a theme for the next Spirit Day. “Multicultural/Diversity Day”
Our scholars envisioned a day that they can come to school and represent their culture or representations of their identity. A chance to express who they are, what symbolizes them or where they are from in a positive and safe way. We are encouraging scholars to wear stickers, flags or colors of your nation or ethnic background, traditional clothing or any positive statement about your personality or identity.
This Multicultural/Diversity Day will be held on Friday, January 20, 2017
SAVE the DATE
Tuesday, November 15th 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
During Curriculum Night, please be sure to stop by the Family Engagement table to share with us how we can increase and improve family engagement, deepen our connections as a community, and envision the future of our school.