Please Support the BTU School!
- When you donate to our school, you are helping fund these programs:
- Apprentice Learning
- Partnership with Family Service of Greater Boston
- Expand our library collection
- Support our Strive for 25 Reading Initiative
- Increase the number of after-school activities
- Partnership with Community Music Center
- Fund field trips to enrich curriculum units and offer exciting, hands-on experiences.
Boston Teachers Union K-8 Pilot SchoolOrganized by teachers, dedicated to academic excellence, and committed to developing the highest potential of our students, their families, and communities.
2016-2017 Family and Student Handbook
Category Archives: Music
The New England Conservatory Jazz Trio performed for scholars in grades 3 and 6 on May 3rd. The trio consisted of a drum set, upright acoustic bass, and a piano. The musicians talked about emotions in feeling their music with scholars. One of the pieces they played was from the 1300’s which they used to … Continue reading
Thank you to everyone who came out to support our Winter Performance in December. Despite the snowy weather on that night you still made a way to come out to show your support for the scholars. For your continued support I am very grateful. We are currently in the middle of the second marking term. What … Continue reading
Third grade scholars have been exploring the properties of sound. During curriculum night scholars played their recorders with the guidance of our Music teacher, Mr. Mac. In addition, scholars introduced their families to “sound centers” where they were asked to discuss the properties of sound as well as observe the vibrations of sound using such … Continue reading