Please Support the BTU School!
- When you donate to our school, you are helping fund these programs:
- Apprentice Learning
- Partnership with Family Service of Greater Boston
- Expand our library collection
- Support our Strive for 25 Reading Initiative
- Increase the number of after-school activities
- Partnership with Community Music Center
- Fund field trips to enrich curriculum units and offer exciting, hands-on experiences.
Boston Teachers Union K-8 Pilot SchoolOrganized by teachers, dedicated to academic excellence, and committed to developing the highest potential of our students, their families, and communities.
2016-2017 Family and Student Handbook
Category Archives: K1
K1, K2, PTC, 1st and 2nd grade BTU scholars and their families are invited to the Arnold Arboretum on Sat, June 9 from 10 am to Noon to view a year’s worth of science studies. On display will be the scholars’ journals and other work, a photo slideshow, the organisms studied, and plant material for … Continue reading
This fall the K1 class welcomed educators from the Arnold Arboretum (Ana Maria and Nancy), who led a leaf observation study. The class then took a field trip to the Arnold Arboretum. Signs of autumn were in the air. There, we observed a variety of leaf specimens, and noted the many shapes and colors of leaves. As … Continue reading
The K1 scholars have been learning about Geometry. We have been focusing on triangles and rectangles. We have played several fun games to help the scholars understand the attributes of triangles and rectangles. The first game we learned was called, “Is It or Is It Not a Triangle?” For this game, I would draw a … Continue reading