Please Support the BTU School!
- When you donate to our school, you are helping fund these programs:
- Apprentice Learning
- Partnership with Family Service of Greater Boston
- Expand our library collection
- Support our Strive for 25 Reading Initiative
- Increase the number of after-school activities
- Partnership with Community Music Center
- Fund field trips to enrich curriculum units and offer exciting, hands-on experiences.
Boston Teachers Union K-8 Pilot SchoolOrganized by teachers, dedicated to academic excellence, and committed to developing the highest potential of our students, their families, and communities.
2016-2017 Family and Student Handbook
Category Archives: 1st Grade
K1, K2, PTC, 1st and 2nd grade BTU scholars and their families are invited to the Arnold Arboretum on Sat, June 9 from 10 am to Noon to view a year’s worth of science studies. On display will be the scholars’ journals and other work, a photo slideshow, the organisms studied, and plant material for … Continue reading
After learning a lot about the Sun, the Moon and the Planets from non-fiction books, experiments, and projects, the first graders began listening to and reading fiction books about space. One book in particular inspired them. The book, Poor Pluto!, written by a class of third graders. It chronicles the story of students who felt … Continue reading