The Hyde Park YMCA operates an on-site After School Program at the BTU School from 3:00 to 5:45 PM and on some school holidays.
The YMCA of Greater Boston is the largest provider of state licensed child care in Massachusetts with school age programs in the Union School, including a K1 program. Programs are held during after school hours, school vacations on certain holidays and professional development days. The Y program focuses on building four core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. In addition the curriculum promotes self-confidence, respect for one another, and community building skills. Activities in literacy, science, performing arts, homework support, non-competitive sports and games, group projects, arts and crafts and field trips to local points of interests are included. As part of our signature health and wellness curriculum, iPlay, your child will receive nutritious snacks and engage in structured, fun physical activities.
Contact: Jennifer Mowe at 617— or email at —@ymcaboston.org for more information regarding the Hyde Park YMCA program.
In addition to the Y program, the following additional opportunities are available for after school time:
Playworks provides a full-time Americorps volunteer, 8:30 – 5:30, for after-school program collaboration and ACE academic coaching. Playworks takes on the following roles:
- Create a structured, safe and inclusive environment on the playground by coordinating a variety of schoolyard sports and games during recess and lunch
- Work with classroom teachers to reintroduce physical activity into the school curriculum
- Develop and coordinate after school physical activity and academic enhancement programs
- Coordinate interscholastic evening basketball and volleyball leagues
- Implement a youth leadership program at each site
- Employ play as a tool for generating more community and family involvement